We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We are looking for an innovative manager to lead our small-but-mighty Insights Program Management team. At Handshake, our Program Management team is a core part of how we innovate across our employer business. This team builds the latest and greatest products that serve all types of stakeholders. As manager, you'll lead high-impact programs and scale analytics tools that deliver value for our customers, our sales teams, and our business. Your work will help supercharge our go-to-market efforts through infusing data into how we sell and the stories we tell.
In this role, you will develop scaled customer insights solutions and be both program and product manager. Using your strong analytical skills, Handshake’s unique data, and disciplined project management techniques, you will work with a diverse set of cross-functional partners to design and execute programs and tools focused on accelerating Handshake’s growth. You’ll collaborate with key internal partners on our Sales, Marketing, Product Marketing, Engineering, Data Engineering, and Product teams. You'll embrace continuous learning and synthesize feedback from a variety of sources to ensure that your tools and products are constantly evolving and improving to meet the needs of our customers.
To be successful in this role you must be organized, able to juggle multiple tasks and work with partners to understand core customer business challenges. Your stakeholders will not always know what is possible, so it will be important for you to ask effective questions to get clarity and manage expectations of what you can deliver.
- Develop and deliver on a vision to accelerate how Handshake delivers Insights to our internal and external customers with scale in mind
- Push our current tech stack (GCP, Snowflake, Looker, Matik, Mode) to the limit and shape our future Insights tech stack through collaboration with our Data Engineering, Data Science and Product Organizations
- Lead, develop and hire a group of world class innovative program managers
- Guide innovation across our Employer Product and beyond
- Build a communications plan that integrates feedback from key stakeholders; ensuring effective delivery and awareness of new internal/external products or feature launches.
- Identify scalable solutions for the most important customer challenges by leveraging Handshake’s unique data sets
- Multiple years and/or combined experiences that include:
- Program/product management/management consulting
- Experience with data analysis, data storytelling, turning data into insights and presenting to internal and/or external stakeholders
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge (3+ years) of with SQL and data visualization tools to query large data-sets (e.g. Python, SQL, Looker, Mode, etc.)
- Managing high performing teams
- You feel passionate that data can transform how a company does business
- You like to dream big, work collaboratively to get stuff done, and know how to have fun along the way
- You enjoy a fast-paced learning environment
- Strong business acumen and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and intellectual curiosity
- Adept at managing complex, multi-workstream programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation, statistical and data analysis skills
Nice to haves but not required:
- 5+ years leading and managing teams; working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders (sales, engineering, product) to capture complex business requirements, solution, and drive full scale deployment (launch, adoption, impact assessment)
- Demonstrated knowledge of modeling of complex data with tools like R or Python
- Experience turning data into insights and presenting to internal (technical and non-technical) and external stakeholders
- Able to build a strong rapport with entry-level salesperson or engineer one moment and give a clear 30-second elevator pitch to a CEO the next
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!