We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO. In this role, you will be a true EA business partner to our CEO, not only through managing his core calendar, but also playing a leading role managing the coordination and logistics of our executive team meetings, board meetings, company-wide planning processes etc. You will partner closely with our Chief of Staff to ensure our CEO is always set up for success. This is a rare opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the executive operations and overall growth of one of the country’s fastest-growing technology companies. This role will be ideal for someone who enjoys navigating ambiguity, runs towards challenges, and enjoys the dynamic nature of a fast-moving company.
● Proactively manage, assess and predict the day-to-day needs of the CEO to ensure he is prepared and organized for all internal and external meetings and events.
● Seamlessly manage email coordination, calendar scheduling, travel, expense reporting, and a wide variety of priorities for the CEO
● Coordinates across our EA team to ensure critical company-wide meetings and processes are effectively implemented
● Completely manage the coordination and logistics of our CEO’s board and executive-level searches
● Project manage a variety of professional and personal initiatives through self-motivation, clear communication and complete follow through
● Assist the Chief of Staff with ad hoc projects as needed, including the organization of Executive Team retreats, board meetings, and other leadership-level activities
● Deep experience supporting a CEO, COO, President or senior C-level executive at a technology company through significant growth
● Stellar verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate strategically with senior executives
● Exceptional organizational skills coupled with impeccable attention to detail
● “Can do” positive attitude - you have a great attitude and are willing to do whatever it takes to make our CEO successful
● Highly organized project manager - you are exceptionally organized and excel at managing multiple projects through successful completion
● Strong bias to action and ability to work both quickly and to a high quality in a fast-paced environment
● You are a team player and collaborate well with EAs and other colleagues at all levels
● Bachelor's degree preferred
● Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
● 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future. ● Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
● Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
● Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
● Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
● Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
● Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career. ● Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
● ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!