We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
We’re looking for a Head of Strategic Sales to join our Employer Sales Team - showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. You will be responsible for developing and managing a high performance Strategic Sales team for the F100 by closing new accounts while growing existing customer relationships and helping Handshake hit growth and attainment targets. You will maximize revenue while producing value and brand awareness for hundreds of current and prospective clients across the country.
- Drive Revenue Growth for Handshake’s F100 Customers
- Generate scalable revenue and hit target quota on a quarterly and annual basis
- Achieve New business quota (new logo) and Expansion business quota from existing customers
- Command and accurately report forecast sales performance
- Interact and collaborate across Handshake, engaging with Customer Success, Insights, and the Leadership and Executive teams to build and grow our Strategic Partnerships.
- Build, uplevel, and evolve strategic sales process
- Manage and build high performing winning sales team and culture for the strategic segment
- Develop Account Executives to achieve their highest potential
- 10+ years of relevant on-quota B2B Enterprise SaaS sales experience
- A minimum of 5+ years in a Managing/Director role in Enterprise SaaS sales experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of managing Strategic and Large Enterprise Account Executives/Managers
- Proven track record of success for driving new business and expanding existing customers
- Proven track record of building, hiring, and scaling large enterprise teams
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Ability to navigate complex contract structures and large seven and eight figure deals
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Ability to successfully drive revenue and growth through the development of long-term strategic relationships with existing customers
- Proven ability to engage with executives at F500 companies
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works - and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Possess relationships with key HR decision makers at national Fortune 500 companies and other top brands.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!