We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
We’re looking for a Manager of Mid-Market Success to join our Employer Sales Team - working with top employers across the nation to drive their early talent recruiting strategy. You will serve as the primary leader for the Mid-Market Segment of existing partnerships, reporting to the Director of Customer Success. You’ll work closely with the team to ensure they achieve their goals, build relationships with executives, and drive customer retention and expansion from onboarding through renewal.
You’ll be instrumental in building and leading a world class Customer Success program for the category leading platform. This high-impact role combines equal parts people management, sales, relationship management leadership and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success managing revenue carrying individual contributors in SaaS technology company.
- Lead team of 5 Mid-Market Customer Success Managers and a team lead to successfully achieve our client’s goals while simultaneously carrying a team quota to reach our organization’s revenue goals
- Hire, retain and grow the team of Customer Success Managers
- Drive team to meet & exceed quarterly NDR and logo retention quotas
- Effectively tracks progress to goals - adoption, usage, and overall satisfaction (NPS)
- Align Customer Success objectives with business OKRs and Account Management
- Maintain relationships with executives at our largest partners
- Assist team with renewals, identifying upsell opportunities and managing churn
- Act as the direct supervisor of a team of Customer Success Managers, leading them to achieve personal development goals and grow within the organization
- Build and maintain a library of training materials to onboard and develop team members
- Synthesize the voice of Mid-Market customers from qualitative and quantitative feedback, share with leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Leverage data and feedback for client reporting and informing the product roadmap.
- Understand market trends and keep up-to-date with the latest developments and discussions impacting the industry.
- Work closely with cross functional partners (like Marketing, Finance, Sales Ops) on materials and initiatives that impact CSM function
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure client objectives are met and value is delivered via our product
- Monitor customer engagement and progress to goals. View customer satisfaction as a top priority
- Mentor, assist with account planning, performance management, metric pacing, pipeline generation, and forecasting for all team members
- Present to the Executive Team on a consistent basis
- 5+ years’ SaaS enterprise CSM and/or post sales experience
- Minimum of 2+ years managing a team of individual contributors
- Proven track record of success with your own book of business, and regularly hitting individual and team goals
- Experience preparing renewal proposals, forecasting, and account planning
- Experience with an evangelical sale, selling non-discretionary software to executives at Fortune 500 companies
- Experience building process, identifying gaps and executing on relevant initiatives
- Experience using usage, data and results to demonstrate value
- An impeccable communicator with polished and professional sales presentation skills
- Desire to think analytically with a methodical approach to identifying challenges and measure impact, including the ability to use data to support strategy and create a story
- Ability to think systematically, identifying and building infrastructure, processes, and tools to drive efficiency and streamlined operations
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, appreciate and demonstrate flexibility as needed
- You react gracefully under pressure
- You’re a do-er with a bias towards action and creative problem-solving
$150,000 - $190,000 OTE
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!