We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
As Handshake’s first ever Employer Evangelist and Early Talent Advocate, you’ll be responsible for winning the hearts and minds of our end users and the wider early talent recruiting community. You are someone who’s passionate about the space and helping bring more diversity in our customers’ organizations, can advocate for the value of early career talent, and can build a community around it. You’ll be on the frontlines meeting with customers, pattern mapping and synthesizing feedback, and evangelizing Handshake through a number of different channels like content and events.
You’ll take insights gained from user research and use them to create a program to help our users grow from being individual customers who use our products to being part of an engaged community with a shared identity. You will build on your existing presence and credibility as an campus recruiter or early talent recruiting lead to raise awareness of Handshakes products and offerings and drive interaction among other Handshake users with each other.
You’ll promote Handshake in ways that go beyond traditional sales and marketing. You’ll distill key learnings from the field like the best user researcher would, convert ‘non believers’ like the best salesperson would, and help transform our narrative like the best marketer would. You’ll ultimately be the face of Handshake to our employer audience. This is an incredibly unique and entrepreneurial opportunity that has the potential to transform your career and professional brand.
- Establish and nurture a community program for Handshake employer users
- Serve as the face of the Handshake user community, engaging with prospects and customers, evangelizing Handshake as the go-to platform for all early talent recruiting across multiple channels
- Meet with end users at prospects and customers to understand their workflows, the competitive landscape, and how they view Handshake
- Partner with the field marketing team to gather customers and prospects across key industries, identify 3rd party events and speaking engagements, and speak at virtual/in-person events, webinars, meetups, etc.
- Share user feedback with the content marketing team, and partner with them to develop your byline on the Handshake blog, and create a content swimlane that includes blogs and videos
- Serve as a Handshake product expert; provide strategic recommendations to product management, customer success/account management, and marketing teams to help prioritize company direction and product roadmap
- Develop metrics and goals for Handshake user community engagement and growth
- Develop a framework to track, analyze, and communicate feedback to stakeholders
- 5+ years campus/early talent recruiting experience, preferably at top tech companies
- Deep understanding of the recruiting landscape (particularly the early talent recruiting landscape)
- Ability to understand customer’s business goals and recommend new approaches, strategies and ways to drive adoption and help them hit their hiring targets
- Strong project and program management skills; ability to work independently against tight deadlines in a dynamic, changing environment keeping a sharp eye on detail and accuracy
- Strong presentation development and public speaking skills, experience presenting at conferences is a plus
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel (safely) as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!