We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
What does a Developer Experience Engineer do at Handshake?
Handshake is building a diverse team of dynamic engineers who value creating a high quality, high impact product. This role is for a Software Engineer who will be reporting to the Engineering Manager for the Developer Experience team. We are looking for a full stack engineer with demonstrated experience shipping cloud-based software and working with CI/CD tools. You'll be supporting a team of talented engineers by understanding and improving the developer experience to optimize the delivery of high-quality, secure, scalable software.
Here are some projects we're excited for you to work on at Handshake:
- Consult, educate, and empower engineers as they build & ship innovative software.
- Research, prototype and develop solutions in support of the adoption of new technologies.
- Build tools to optimize the developer onboarding experience.
- Develop systems and processes to maximize the efficiency of our continuous delivery pipeline.
- Gather regular feedback about developer experience through pair programming and surveying.
- Engage with engineers throughout the company to learn about pain points, and work alongside a technical lead to define and prioritize solutions.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a passion for efficiency and writing clean, high quality code.
- You are a self-starter with the desire and drive to make things around you better, to learn and grow professionally.
- You are empathetic with a strong desire to help fellow engineers grow and do their jobs efficiently.
- You have experience working in an Agile environment.
- You are familiar with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, etc).
- You are proficient with CI/CD tools (GitHub, CircleCI, etc.)
What will make you special:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with microservices, and service-oriented architecture
Technologies you'll work with:
- Ruby on Rails, Rspec
- React, TypeScript, Redux
- Bugsnag, Datadog
- GitHub, Buildkite, CircleCI
- Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- GCP, AWS
$104,602 - $127,720
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!