We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Technical Program Manager to drive high-visibility data initiatives across the company. This individual will report to the Director of Engineering for Student and Data and work closely with the stakeholders throughout Handshake.
We’re excited for you to work on:
- Partnering closely with key stakeholders across Handshake, such as Product Management, Finance and Marketing to execute important data-driven projects.
- Working closely with engineering leadership to drive the annual planning process and define OKRs.
- Defining program, project, and change management processes informed by industry best practices.
- Defining and tracking reports, metrics, and dashboards to accurately provide insight into productivity and effectiveness for data-focused teams.
- 5+ years of experience managing high-visibility engineering projects.
- Proven track record in leading a team to ship features and products.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and championing Agile methodologies.
- Experience working with engineering teams that implement data platforms, data pipelines and machine learning
- Exceptionally organized and experienced in communicating across multiple teams and departments.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Experience working with senior leadership.
- High-level thinker, but also detail-oriented when executing on projects.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to drive metric and dashboard creation.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Knowledge of data technologies such as Spark, Airflow, BigQuery, Snowflake, Looker, TensorFlow, etc.
- PMP and/or Agile Certification and/or Scrum Master Certification
Compensation Range: $148,102 - $194,316
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!