We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring an Executive Assistant. In this role you will support two of Handshake’s Executives to improve efficiency and functionality of schedules. You will work collaboratively with the Executives on travel planning, note taking, and recruiting efforts to streamline processes for the department. This role will give you insight into the Technology and Student Product teams for potential growth as an EA or within a subteam area of interest.
- Schedule internal and external meetings; follow up with guests to confirm and help compile and prepare meeting materials
- Complex calendar management and internal and external meeting coordination
- Assist with booking travel, including airline and hotel booking for execs and sometimes team
- Managing expenses for the leaders
- Plan team building events/offsites, and keep a pulse on culture and team morale
- Act as team expert and go-to person for things related to your department and leaders
- Work closely with recruiting team to help with booking interviews between execs, team and candidates
- Take meeting notes in staff meetings as needed and follow up on action items
- Keep relevant stakeholders informed and make sure that information is properly filtered throughout the team and company. Identify gaps in communication and identify issues that need to be escalated.
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- You have the capacity to be aware of, control, and express your emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically
- You are organized, bright, helpful and positive
- 3+ years as an Executive Assistant at a high-growth technology company or similarly fast-paced environment, with a commitment to growing in an admin function
- You enjoy taking on new challenges, are driven, can handle stress, and are proactive
- You enjoy solving problems and learning about tech
- You're well versed in all tools of G Suite
- You are team oriented: able to work cross functionally and willing to jump in to help out the other members of the EA team
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!