We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and super-organized Office Experience Coordinator to join our team! As part of our People Team, you’ll report to our Senior Director of People. In this role, you will be responsible for keeping our San Francisco office looking incredible, operating efficiently and at scale as we grow rapidly, and ensuring the best possible experience for our team & guests. This role has a tremendous opportunity to shape our overall workplace strategy and culture as we return to offices in the fall - we’re looking for someone excited by this challenge and the opportunity to make a significant impact on the ways Handshakers do their work!
- Responsible for managing the workplace experience in our SF HQ office. You’ll ensure that our office environment creates an ideal workspace for all of our teams, while also bringing our mission and values to life.
- Partner closely with Handshake’s People & Employee Experience Team, bringing innovative ideas to new team initiatives, culture-building events and business efficiencies, especially as we return to an in-person work environment.
- Proactively coordinate space planning in partnership with the People team, including seating moves and additions or changes needed to the physical space as we evolve our workforce strategy
- Manage partnerships with building management, cleaning staff, and all other office vendors including snacks, meals, handymen and IT support
- Order, track inventory, and stock office supplies, swag, and new hire equipment
- Proactively seek ways to streamline office processes and leverage best practices
- Plan and facilitate company-wide events and meetings (i.e. All-Hands meetings, holiday party, family-friendly events, events in partnership with our ERGs, etc.)
- Support onboarding by coordinating new hire shipments and being the main POC for new team members based in the SF office
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by ensuring up-to-date emergency preparedness plans, first aid kits, and compliance posters
- Plan and lead employee recognition for work anniversaries and birthdays
- Act as main point of contact for the SF office - be a positive, friendly presence in the office, building strong relationships with all team members and guests, as well as with our remote employees visiting HQ.
- Note: this role will be expected to work in-office 5 days per week.
- At least 1+ year of experience working in a fast-paced business environment, preferably within the tech space
- Passion for Handshake’s mission to democratize access to opportunity for college students
- Friendly and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Self-directed, highly efficient, detail-oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience and creativity in developing and improving processes
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage workload effectively, always following up projects through to completion
- Great judgment and a history of working with highly confidential information
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, empathy, and the ability to build relationships across different functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you know precisely what to say and how to say it, both online and in-person
- An eye and appreciation for office design
- Ability to track and spend according to allocated budget
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!