We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Product Analyst reporting to the Director of Lifecycle, on the Employer Product Team. In this role you will support our product analytics efforts, partnering with the employer product & engineering teams, as well as the broader analytics practice responsible for empowering the organization to make data-informed decisions. You will be responsible for delivering product insights that drive decision making, execution, and investments for our employer product initiatives. As the team grows, you will have the opportunity to drive the scaling of data-driven product development and data democratization across the company.
- Work side-by-side with the employer product team on building a data-driven product strategy, the sizing of potential opportunities for the product, and inform team prioritization and roadmapping
- Own team goal-setting, tracking and reporting on team progress and impact, and the process behind measuring team performance
- Contribute to the vision and strategy for product analytics and the wider data organization at Handshake
- Lead by example to build a culture of accountability and rigor to substantiate proven business impact
- Advocate for hundreds of thousands of employers on Handshake by communicating data insights and recommendations to marketing, product and leadership teams
- Help define and build a strong data culture at Handshake by working cross-functionally with data peers and company leadership
- 3+ years of professional experience in a quantitative/analytical field in the technology space (e.g. product analytics, data science, performance marketing, growth analytics, etc.)
- Proven experience in using data to drive product development and decision-making, preferably working directly with engineers and wider product teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate data-related concepts and results for leadership and less technical stakeholders
- Fluency in SQL (agnostic of specific flavor)
- Experience creating dashboards and visualizations in tools such as Tableau, Looker, Mode, Periscope, etc.
- Ability to start, own, and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- A clear understanding and demonstrable experience in experimentation design and process development, including comfort with A/B testing and cohort analysis.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience working in R and/or Python with a quantitative focus
- Hands-on experience building data models and/or summary tables using tools such as dbt, Airflow, etc.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!