We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Product Manager for the Employer business, who will play a pivotal role in the evolution of our fast-growing SaaS business.
You will be a leader driving the next wave of innovation for Handshake’s unique platform, which already connects over 500,000 employers with millions of students and recent graduates across the country. This is a pivotal role at a key phase of our evolution, as we scale our enterprise offering and define the category of proactive, data-driven recruiting for entry level (college) talent.
You’ll be building on strong product-market fit and business momentum to extend our product and platform offering and accelerate growth. Handshake is the market leader in college jobs, events, and employer outreach. You’ll build on this foundation, creating new features to transform how employers manage entry-level recruiting. At the same time, you’ll always be solving for the health and growth of our 3-sided marketplace of employers, students, and universities - and contributing to the overall platform strategy for Handshake. You’ll be part of a close-knit cross functional team including demand generation, marketing operations, sales, product management, customer success, insights and events - together building a truly game-changing SaaS platform.
As a product leader, you’ll plan and deliver a roadmap to:
- Drive marketplace value: continually strive to identify the key points of value creation, across all 3 sides of the network, and align the product and UX to maximize these
- Engage users: find opportunities to drive engagement and outcomes for employer users
- Expand and innovate: our employer product offering to transform the recruiting process, and provide ever increasing value to our Premium partners.
You’ll own the product lifecycle from end-to-end, including:
- Product development process: Working with a high performing cross-functional team, partnering with engineering and design partners from research and roadmap planning to sprint-level delivery
- Launch and adoption: Partner closely on go-to-market and implementation, working with marketing, sales and CS. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. It’s never someone else’s problem. You’ll run beta programs and pilots to maximize learning and minimize code investment, getting close to the customer and the details through the process.
- Cross-Handshake partnership: Work with stakeholders across the employer business and the other sides of the Handshake ecosystem (university and student) to bring our partners along as we innovate quickly
- Goals, metrics and tracking: Create a robust and clear thread of data from strategy through development through in-market iteration.
- Strong foundation in roadmap development and releasing products for complex, multifaceted SaaS platforms or marketplace businesses.
- 3+ years partnering with engineering teams to ship code. Ideally in a platform environment with dependencies and collaboration.
- Strong systems and analytical thinker. Can connect the dots, spot challenges and edge cases, integrate multiple considerations.
- Extensive experience presenting both internally and externally including working with customers / users, and internal cross-functional partners and executives.
- Working knowledge of data-driven applications including mapping, schemas, permissions that inform user interactions and downstream analytics.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Development of enterprise products connecting to marketplace platform (eg supplier side of an e-commerce marketplace)
Compensation Range (Denver)
$116,395 - $166,250
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!