We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Want to learn more about what it's like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!
As the education landscape in the US continues to evolve, you will be a pivotal leader in continuing Handshake’s growth and expansion. Partnering closely with the Global Director of Higher Education Sales, you will build and execute on the ambitious strategy that enables our continued sales growth. Handshake’s unique position as the best place for early talent to start and grow their career is built on the success of our Education Sales team. If you’re motivated by the direct impact you can have on millions of students, we invite you to join this dynamic team and help shape the future of how Handshake serves, partners with, and helps evolve the early talent marketplace.
Operational Leadership and Scalable Processes
- As the senior member of our US EDU Sales team, you will lead our work gaining more market share among the highest priority colleges and universities across the country
- Build and maintain close relationships with career services leaders across the country, and be a true expert on the field of career services and early talent recruitment
- Build regional and state-wide partnerships across the country to help scale the Handshake network quickly, engaging with leaders in higher education, workforce development, recruiting
- You will lead our continued expansion building partnerships with bootcamps and non-traditional education partners, defining and implementing this strategy
- You will work cross functionally with our Strategic Initiatives team to explore the future of Handshake as a skills and credentialing marketplace, building strategic partnerships and laying the groundwork for future product innovation.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the EDU sales team and marketing team to find innovative ways to build our brand as a thought leader and innovator.
- Partner closely with our Customer Success Team to ensure customers adopt and are successful on Handshake
- Lead creation of new playbooks and structures for the sales team to prioritize, expand, and manage all new education partner acquisition
- At least 4+ years of sales experience in Enterprise SaaS or selling into higher education
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Experience with an evangelical sale, selling to leaders in higher education. Experience working with career services, admissions, or student services professionals is preferred but not required
- Experience working on highly collaborative teams and capacity to travel 20% of time once travel resumes
- Experience managing complex procurement and buying processes, structuring large scale partnerships deals, and navigating bureaucracies to achieve your goals
- Proficiency with Salesforce / Excel and defining, tracking, and managing sales pipeline and success OKRs
- Strong leadership ability, communication and interpersonal skills that inspire action within and across teams
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, delegation, planning & organization and judgment
- Ability to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Champions working with a diverse team and maintaining constant communication with multiple internal constituencies
- Experience selling to career services teams or working in early talent recruiting is not necessary, but highly desirable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!