We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Manager, Business Recruiting reporting to the VP, Talent on the Recruiting Team. In this role you will lead, mentor, and grow our GTM and G&A Recruiters. You will be a strong partner to the business and ensure our hiring targets are hit with high caliber talent that fuels Handshake through our next phases of growth.
You will assist in building and maintaining our recruiter playbook, headcount planning, forecasting, executive hiring, and building and executing strategic programs and initiatives.
- Hire, mentor, and develop a growing team of recruiters
- Partner and collaborate with hiring leaders to understand business needs and align recruiting resources accordingly
- Partner to develop a talent brand strategy that continues to bring in exceptional talent to Handshake and showcases the incredible culture
- Create and implement a team structure that optimizes for efficiency in meeting the aligned hiring goals
- Champion, partner, and execute on various initiatives relating to inclusion and diversity
- Build and improve upon recruiting best practices across all orgs
- Build a data-driven recruiting organization that uses data insights to shape our operational roadmap and priorities
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a fast growing, dynamic technology company
- Managing, coaching, and growing exceptional Recruiters
- Partnering with leaders and executives to create and drive recruiting strategies and initiatives
- Building programs and processes from scratch (ie. talent brand, candidate experience initiatives, internal mobility, referral programs)
- Leveraging data to storytell and influence business processes and outcomes
- Working in a hyper growth tech organization and building and leading towards scale
- Working through ambiguity and driving incredible results
- Creating better optimized recruiting efforts (higher velocity, more efficient, etc.)
- Non-Hierarchical leader who gets personal fulfillment by succeeding through the motivation and growth of others
- Hands-on leader that is capable and willing to roll up your sleeves and lead by example
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Managing and partnering with distributed teams
- Working in SaaS
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!