We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
You will be a part of Handshake’s Business Operations & Strategy team supporting our Product teams. You will play an integral part in Handshake’s success by helping the Product teams build the best place for students and young professionals to discover their dream career.
Business Operations & Strategy is responsible for improving strategic decision making across Handshake. Our team’s core value is trust – you will build it by making what is complex simple, and with elegant models that are both accurate and easy-to-understand. Business partners will appreciate your insight and trust you to help them solve difficult problems. At Handshake, we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll trust you to collaborate with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision makers and the executive team.
- Partner directly with Product teams across Handshake’s three sides of the business - University, Student and Employer
- Build trust through numerically-driven insights and ad hoc analyses to predict trends for making strategic decisions, which will include strategy formulation and execution across user acquisition, retention, and engagement
- Develop and track KPIs to drive execution and identify opportunities for improvement, including user acquisition and conversion, engagement metrics (application rates, profile completion rates, etc.), CPAs, NPS and user LTV
- Build and manage the user forecast, providing the Product teams with deep insight about historical trends while predicting future outcomes given various key initiatives and investments
- Run the Product quarterly planning process, working with product leads to establish quarterly targets, and, ultimately, supporting execution against targets
- Support the Product teams in managing budgets and ensure they have sufficient resources to invest properly behind key strategic initiatives
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 3 to 6 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, or high growth tech
- Highly analytical and data driven, with an excellent proficiency in Excel
- Strong experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive consensus across cross-functional teams and influence decision making
- Exceptional problem-solving, with a highly analytical and inquisitive work style with a keen attention to detail -- but also ability to see the big picture
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience using R / Python is a plus
- Experience in consumer tech or marketplace / network businesses
- Passion for Handshake’s mission
- MBA from top tier business program
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!