We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
What does SET do at Handshake?
Handshake is building a diverse team of dynamic engineers who value creating a high quality, high impact product. This role is for a Software Engineer in Test (SET) who will be reporting to the Engineering Manager for the Developer Experience team. We are looking for an individual who possesses a quality-first mindset, is an excellent generalist, and is a champion of testing best practices and automation. You'll be working on a multi-functional team with other engineers, designers, and product managers, and have the ability to build tools and processes that are crucial for delivery of high-quality experiences to our customers.
Here are some projects we're excited for you to work on at Handshake:
All Engineers at Handshake use automated testing for the majority of the testing. As an SET at Handshake you will:
- Consult, educate, and aid engineers on best practices of test automation.
- Work closely with engineers to design and develop UI, integration, regression and other tests to build out the world-class testing framework.
- Participate in the product development cycle, collaborate with product managers, designers, and engineers to discover edge-cases early and assist with high-quality rollouts.
- Develop solutions to increase confidence in released changes
- Develop systems and processes to refine efficiency of automated testing solutions and increase development productivity.
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting and upholding an example of best software development practices and test automation.
- Identify process improvements, error trends and/or root causes, and make recommendations for remedies to colleagues and management.
- Facilitate cross-functional testing sessions with members of the team and perform manual testing as a part of them.
What we look for:
- Experience with test automation of iOS applications (Swift)
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience with mobile automation frameworks (XCTest / XCUITest)
- Solid understanding of iOS development and the software development lifecycle.
- You have experience working with version control (git) and CI/CD tools like CircleCI, Buildkite, Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.
- Experience working with monitoring and observability tools like Bugsnag, Datadog, or other Application Performance Management tools.
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for clean code and high quality software.
- You are self-driven and able to prioritize your time effectively with minimal supervision.
- You proactively identify and propose solutions for blockers and bottlenecks in SDLC.
- You are a self-starter with a desire and drive to make things around you better, to learn and grow professionally. You want to make an impact in your career as opposed to just having a “job”.
Technologies you'll work with:
- SwiftUI, UIKit, Snapkit, MVVM+C/MVC, Swift, XCTest, CircleCi, Fastlane, and more
- Targeting iOS 13+
- Bugsnag, Datadog
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!