Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
As a Relationship Manager you are responsible for ensuring your university partners are healthy, happy, successful, and retained.
You will create repeatable and reusable tactics for driving engagement across our education partners' teams, which could include everything from webinars, email nurture, product hooks, etc. You will channel the voice of the customer both quantitatively and qualitatively to rally the necessary people and highlight success.
You will report to the Manager of Education Success, working closely with customer support, sales, and marketing to deliver a world-class customer experience and drive our business through renewals and expansions.
- Expanding and deepening product adoption and usage
- Identifying, diagnosing, and helping customers resolve data health issues
- Gathering, documenting, and sharing best practices on how education partners can better leverage the platform to drive student engagement
- Deeply learning the career services space (operations, structure, and metrics)
- Consulting with education partners on their workflows to help them adapt their processes to the Handshake product and achieve student success
- Responding to detailed inquiries that require leveraging technical product knowledge combined with your strategic understanding of Handshake and our goals
- Owning the core relationship and ultimate success with a defined segment of education partners
- Cultivating meaningful, trusting relationships with key partners
- Effectively navigating a complex and nuanced set of relationships to build and maintain trust at scale
- Implementing recurring and on-demand touchpoints with customers as needed
Partner Success, Health, and Retention
- Ensuring successful implementation for all new partners in your book of business
- Ensuring high renewal rates
- Managing customer account health and sentiment
- Collaborating across the Handshake organization to ensure that customer needs are met in an efficient and timely manner
- Understanding trends with your accounts via data reporting and dashboards and taking appropriate actions to keep account health high
- Providing effective project management and training to hundreds of higher education partners
- Executing implementation calls and training webinars with your university partners
Operations and Marketing
- Helping scale internal processes to support hundreds of users
- Assisting with content creation for marketing collateral to education partners
- Excellent communication skills, strong executive presence, and technical aptitude
- Experience with SaaS or higher education
- Ability to prioritize workload while maintaining high attention to detail
- Ability to quickly internalize changing messaging and rapidly incorporate into customer convos
- Highly curious with “discovery” mindset
- Ability to think critically and empathetically about the customer’s needs
- Add value to a team environment by demonstrating enthusiasm and a collaborative spirit
- Adaptable to evolving business needs and willingness to contribute to process improvement
- Analytical, methodical approach to identifying challenges and measuring impact
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.