We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Design at Handshake
We’re designing the future of career discovery and recruiting for students; from their initial school acceptance letters to their first job offers, we’re committed to understanding and supporting each student as they navigate one of life’s most complex journeys.
Our design team is growing and we cover a lot of ground. We collaborate with every team across Handshake—from product management to engineering; from sales to support—because incorporating insights from across the business leads to better design outcomes. Creativity thrives in diverse environments, and we’re committed to growing a design team that reflects the diversity of students we serve and support.
Handshake is hiring a Lead Designer for our student team. This role will require you to span from strategy to surface, bringing a talent for systems thinking, simple data-driven design, and seamless user experiences to support Handshake’s student product. You will help our team shift to a strategic focus of relationships by helping build identities on our platform and the future of face-to-face recruiting efforts.
- Work from concept to delivery to inform product strategy and shape how students can create authentic connections with employers
- Lead with user empathy for students but also employers and universities
- Partner with product, research, content, data science and engineering to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Develop and improve a shared product design language across all student surfaces reflective of our brand
- Up level the entire team through commitment to growth and mentorship
- Drive upleveling the student product to be the top way college students get jobs
- Establish design processes so we can scale efficiently and effectively
- Experience designing web and native products
- Demonstrated experience leading design
- Comprehension of human centered / user centered design methodology and techniques
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- A collaborative, no ego, approach to working with others
- A portfolio of impeccably executed product design
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...and much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!