Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re committed to growing a design team that reflects the diversity of students we serve and support.
User Experience Research at Handshake
Handshake believes user research is the foundation of product development and design. We are committed to delivering the right research upfront. Because of this commitment, Handshake is growing it’s user research team and function. We collaborate with every team across Handshake—from product management to engineering; from sales to support—because incorporating insights leads to better outcomes. Companies are more successful when they have diverse teams, and we want our team to look like the future of our modern workforce. We’re committed to growing a user experience research team that reflects the diversity of students we serve and support.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be the first Handshake UX researcher to support our Enterprise product. Handshake is hiring a Senior UX Researcher to lead research for employer and university facing products. You’ll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful experiences for our Enterprise solutions. You’ll explore user behaviors by conducting primary research such as surveys, qualitative interviews, usability studies, and analyzing existing data sets. Our researchers partner closely with designers, content strategist, product managers, data scientists, and engineers. Talent is distributed but opportunity is not. If you are looking to have a real impact on the next generation of the workforce, come join our growing team.
- Independently plan and lead research initiatives from beginning to end.
- Establish methodologies and best practices when conducting research across a diverse set of employers and career service administrators.
- Advocate for our customers by sharing research findings in written reports and presentations.
- Collaborate closely with product, data science, engineering, and other stakeholders to identify and prioritize research needs.
- Leverage both generative and evaluative research methodologies to understand the needs and motivations of employers.
- Screening, recruiting, and scheduling research participants.
- Note taking, analysis and organization of research data.
- Key member of a small, highly leveraged design team, and supportive of the organization’s ability to engage directly with users.
- Conduct iterative research in conjunction with designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects/teams.
- Experience with surveys, diary studies, interviews, and usability studies.
- Excellent communication and organization
- University degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.