Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Product Manager reporting to the Director of Student Product, on the Student team.
Millions of students use Handshake to figure out what is next for them. While their alternatives simply provide them a list of jobs and encourage them to apply, Handshake focuses on connecting students directly with employers and building relationships before they even reach that step. As we build out Handshake as a relationship platform, it will be critical to deepen these relationships through trust, authenticity and by ensuring all our users are putting their best feet forward.
As Senior Product Manager on the Identity Squad, you will be responsible for helping students ensure they put forth their best self, that we understand both their qualifications and their interests and that they can find the attributes of employers that matter most to them. If successful, students will use Handshake as their de facto professional identity well after college; you will have shaped how the next generation of professionals present themselves. No pressure.
- Lead a newly formed Identity Squad, whose mission is to deepen relationships through trust, authenticity and bringing the human element to the Handshake platform.
- Build out the vision for how students will continue to use Handshake well into their early career and execute the plan to make it happen.
- Own all aspects of the identity for marketplace users: e.g. job seeker profiles, employer branding pages (including reviews), profiles for recruiters, hiring managers, ambassadors and any other types of users we add to build more relationships
- Work with stakeholders across all three sides of our business (Education, Employer and Student) to bring our partners along as we innovate quickly.
- Drive a strong strategic vision to unseat an entrenched incumbent by gaining a deep understanding of the unique student experience.
- Approach problem solving with an experimental and iterative mindset.
- 5+ years experience delivering successful and innovative consumer products.
- You have experience building successful products from 0 to 1.
- You’re user focused. You dive headfirst into understanding the needs of students and build products grounded in data and research.
- You’re data informed. You identify the minimum data needed to make good decisions quickly.
- You’re an expert prioritizer. You are able to cut through the fluff and focus on what is most impactful for the product.
- You’re hands on - nothing is too big or too small for you to tackle.
- You have a true passion for and commitment to Handshake’s mission. You show up each day to help all students no matter who they are or where they come from find and build a meaningful career.
- You’re constantly learning and growing.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- 2+ yrs working on products geared towards 18 - 22yr olds
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.