Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Product Analyst reporting to the Student Analytics Manager, on the Student Product Team. In this role you will support our product analytics effort and partner with both the student engineering team which builds our student-facing product and the broader analytics practice responsible for empowering the organization to make data-informed decisions. You are responsible for delivering product insights that drive decision making, execution, and investments for our student product initiatives. As the team grows, you will have the opportunity to drive the scaling of data-driven product development and data democratization across the company.
- Work side-by-side with the student product team on building a data-driven product strategy, the sizing of potential opportunities for the product, and inform team prioritization and roadmapping
- Own team goal-setting, tracking and reporting on team progress and impact, and the process behind measuring team performance
- Contribute to the vision and strategy for product analytics and the wider data organization at Handshake
- Lead by example to build a culture of accountability and rigor to substantiate proven business impact
- Advocate for the millions of students on Handshake by communicating data insights and recommendations to marketing, product and leadership teams
- Help define and build a strong data culture at Handshake by working cross-functionally with data peers and company leadership
- 3+ years of professional experience in a quantitative/analytical field in the technology space (e.g. product analytics, data science, performance marketing, growth analytics, etc.)
- Proven experience in using data to drive product development and decision-making, preferably working directly with engineers and wider product teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate data-related concepts and results for leadership and less technical stakeholders
- Fluency in SQL (agnostic of specific flavor)
- Experience creating dashboards and visualizations in tools such as Tableau, Looker, Mode, Periscope, etc.
- Ability to start, own, and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- A clear understanding and demonstrable experience in experimentation design and process development, including comfort with A/B testing and cohort analysis.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience working in R and/or Python with a quantitative focus
- Hands-on experience building data models and/or summary tables using tools such as dbt, Airflow, etc.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.