Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our Employer Sales Team in the SMB/MidMarket Segment- working with top employers across the nation to drive their early talent recruiting strategy. You will serve as the primary owner of a set book of existing employer partners, working closely with them to ensure they achieve their goals, build relationships with executives, and drive customer retention and expansion from onboarding through renewal.
As an early member of this key team, you’ll be instrumental in building a world class Account Management program for the category leading platform. This high-impact role combines equal parts sales, relationship management and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate has a proven record managing relationships at scale while driving renewals and expansions in a Saas technology company.
- Effectively renew, upsell and cross-sell an assigned book of business of existing premium employer partners primarily in the SMB and Mid-Market Segment
- Learn your book of business inside and out to effectively position Handshake’s value proposition, always linking it back to key business issues of the customer
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, SVP, and VP levels at our partners
- Develop new and creative ways to engage senior executives throughout the customer lifecycle and demonstrate Handshake’s value
- Partner closely with our Employer Customer Success Team to ensure customers adopt and are successful on Handshake
- Manage and present data and value-driven Quarterly Business Reviews
- Enlist and inspire customers to participate in Handshake events and other marketing materials
- Manage overall customer loyalty, serving as internal advocate and escalation point to customers
- Assist in identifying and developing scalable account management tools and methodologies that can be applied across the Account Management team
- Help scale internal process to support hundreds of premium employers
- Becoming a Handshake expert, learning the ins and outs of HR and higher ed Tech
- 1+ year of Customer Facing Experience
- Prior Talent Acquisition or HR experience - not required but highly preferred
- Exposure working with C-Suite & VP Level Executives at small to medium sized companies
- Ability to understand our customer’s business goals and recommend new approaches, strategies and ways to drive adoption and help them hit their hiring targets
- An understanding of ever-evolving needs of a dynamic, growing start-up organization
- An open-mind to creatively solve our customer’s complex problems
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity and work quickly, but not rush
- Strong presentation development and public speaking skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Experience owning and driving projects end to end
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Superior cross-team collaboration skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.