We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake’s mission is to democratize access to opportunity for all early career talent. In order to actually achieve this mission, we need to be constantly growing in the way we build a culture that is equitable, inclusive, and allows people from all backgrounds to be able to do their best work.
The Senior Diversity & Inclusion Program Manager at Handshake will be a key partner in these efforts. You’ll drive our existing diversity, equity, and inclusion programs within Handshake, and look to innovate our practices and policies to align our company growth with our values and mission. You’ll be engaging and learning from employees, and working with leaders across the company to help us constantly develop an inclusive and equitable culture. You’ll work hand in hand with senior leadership and our People & Talent teams as our resident expert, to track and report on key performance metrics relating to improving hiring practices and retention strategies.
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives and programs relating to DEI — building on existing efforts as the organization scales and focusing energy and attention on the areas of greatest impact and need
- Develop, track, and analyze key metrics to assess effectiveness of programs and regularly report progress to key stakeholders with recommendations for next steps
- Establish company-wide objectives in partnership with our senior leadership team and take ownership of bringing those visions to life
- Guide our ERGs, leadership, DEI Taskforce, and others to grow and promote a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Collaborate with our Talent team on implementing new programs that attract and retain a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Advise our GTM teams on best practices for attracting diverse talent and assist in panels and webinars geared towards customers as needed
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging with teams across Handshake
- Minimum of 3 years building and executing programs with a focus on Diversity & Inclusion
- You have worked closely with executive leaders
- You have a strong network of external relationships in the D&I space
- Ability to use data and insights to measure the success of strategic initiatives and influence decision making
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and leading workshops
- Exceptional listening skills with a high EQ and a desire to build long-lasting, empathetic relationships
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!