Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake’s mission is to democratize access to opportunity for all early career talent. In order to actually achieve this mission, we need to be constantly growing in the way we build a culture that is equitable, inclusive, and allows people from all backgrounds to be able to do their best work.
The Diversity & Inclusion Manager at Handshake will be a key partner in these efforts. You’ll drive our existing diversity, equity, and inclusion programs within Handshake, and look to innovate our practices and policies to align our company growth with our values and mission. You’ll be engaging and learning from employees, and working with leaders across the company to help us constantly develop an inclusive and equitable culture. You will be our internal expert, and will be a thought partner to our employer side of the business and their key strategic customers. You’ll work hand in hand with senior leadership and our People & Talent teams to track and report on key performance metrics relating to improving hiring practices and retention strategies.
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives relating to DEI — building on existing efforts as the organization scales
- Develop, track, and analyze key metrics to assess effectiveness of programs and regularly report progress to executive team and other employees
- Establish company-wide objectives in partnership with our CEO and take ownership of bringing those visions to life
- Guide our ERGs, leadership, DEI Taskforce, and others to grow and promote a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Consult our Talent team on implementing new programs that attract and retain a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Collaborate with our Employer team to advise our partners on best practices for attracting diverse talent
- Partner with Product team to successfully implement our Product Equity Councils, ensuring we build products that benefit students from all backgrounds
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging with teams across Handshake
- Minimum of 7 years building and executing programs in the HR/People space, 3+ years with a focus on Diversity & Inclusion
- You have worked closely with executive leaders
- You have a strong network of external relationships in the D&I space
- Ability to use data and insights to measure the success of strategic initiatives and influence decision making
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and leading workshops
- Exceptional listening skills with a high EQ and a desire to build long-lasting, empathetic relationships
- Comfort or experience with companies going through rapid growth and/or scale
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!