Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Content Strategy at Handshake
User experience is often shaped more by content than by the visual design surrounding it. As such, content strategy is seen as a foundational discipline on Handshake's design team. We’re designing the future of career discovery and recruiting for students; from their initial school acceptance letters to their first job offers, we’re committed to understanding and supporting each student as they navigate one of life’s most complex journeys.
Our design team is growing and we cover a lot of ground. We collaborate with every team across Handshake—from product management to engineering; from sales to support—because incorporating insights from across the business leads to better design outcomes. Creativity thrives in diverse environments, and we’re committed to growing a design team that reflects the diversity of students we serve and support.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Content Strategist reporting directly to Handshake’s head of design on our growing team. This role will require you to span from strategy to surface, bringing a talent for simple and clear copy, systems thinking, and seamless user experiences to support Handshake’s products. Your work will be foundational across all aspects of the Handshake experience, helping students discover their first jobs and universities and employers guide early career discovery.
- Senior Content Strategist on a small, highly leveraged team.
- Work from concept to delivery to inform product strategy and shape experience for students, employers, and career services on Handshake.
- Partner with product, research, and engineering to ensure projects are well defined, high impact, and successfully executed.
- Develop and improve a shared language across all surfaces, reflective of our brand and tailored to the students and professionals on our platform.
- Collaborate with design to develop content and structure for our digital products, creating interfaces which are both powerful and intuitive to use.
- Up level the entire team through commitment to growth and mentorship.
- 4-6 years of professional writing experience across UX, marketing, and brand.
- Experience establishing, following, and socializing voice and tone guidelines
- A strong portfolio of simple, compelling writing in both user experience and product marketing
- A collaborative, no ego, approach to working with others.
- Experience presenting work to leadership and executive teams in a startup environment
- Strong communication and ability to articulate the "why" behind your work
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and work across a variety of channels
- Native-speaker level fluency in English
- Experience partnering with designers, researchers, and product managers
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Fitness: Free fitness facility in our office building
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...and much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.