We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Demand Marketing Manager to ensure our go-to-market programs are reaching our target audience, and telling effective stories that inspire, educate, and convert Employers to Handshake advocates. You'll be responsible for the overall implementation and execution of integrated campaigns across the entire customer journey aligned with sales pipeline objectives, partnering with the rest of the Employer marketing team to bring our brand, value prop, and product truths to life. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Marketing & Revenue Operations team to leverage account engagement insights to scale our impact repeatedly and predictably.
Under your watch, you’ll make sure campaigns for the target segment are optimized, delivering the right story to the right audience at the right time, efficiently tracking against our opportunity, pipeline, and revenue targets.
- Manage the go-to-market campaign execution for your segment, working closely with the Employer Marketing team to ensure that we drive towards our opportunity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Orchestrate and design the customer journey, reaching our segments with an omni-channel strategy - what are the stories we tell in the right place, at the right time, to ultimately convert our audience to customers?
- Unify qualitative and quantitative insight to build a cohesive understanding of our target segment, from both sellers, customers direct, business analytics, and the broader market trends
- Partner with Marketing and Revenue Operations to ensure that engaged leads flow through the journey with a positive experience
- Establish and reinforce the right campaign objectives, and be able to communicate on results across the entire customer journey
- Optimize the go-to-market strategy based on quantitative and qualitative campaign results
You’ll work with these technologies (and more!):
- Salesforce - CRM
- Marketo - marketing automation and email platform
- Bizible - marketing attribution system
- Zoom - webinar system
- Asana - project management system
- LinkedIn Ads - marketing advertising platform
- 4+ years of experience in growth marketing, demand generation, performance marketing or similar roles, ideally within B2B SaaS, partnering with the broader Field and Operations org
- Orchestrating stories and experiences throughout a customer journey - what will grab our audience’s attention and why would they care?
- You’ve developed a point of view on how your Campaign objectives and leads to business results, reporting out of the CRM from an Opportunity and Pipeline perspective
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and revenue funnel
- Experience extracting, analyzing, summarizing and communicating data
- Comfort working in a fast paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Paid social advertising experience (with an emphasis on LinkedIn) - understanding of campaigns architecture, targeting, formats, cost mechanics (CPM, CPC, CPL), and execution in a scalable way
- Managed or have worked with digital media & creative agencies
- Content production experience
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!