We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Want to learn more about what it's like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!
Handshake is hiring a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Production Infrastructure team. We are looking for an experienced manager who will lead, grow, and mentor the team responsible for the architecture and management of our cloud-based infrastructure. This individual will report to the Director of Infrastructure, and help the Production Infrastructure team support the delivery of secure, high-quality, scalable software that democratizes student access to opportunity.
We’re excited for you to work on:
- Ensuring that our infrastructure meets security, availability, and performance requirements.
- Developing a self-service infrastructure platform for our engineers.
- Leading, coaching, and inspiring our engineers within the organization.
- Motivating and ensuring the timely, quality-focused delivery of new features and projects.
- Ensuring the team’s growth by ensuring the right processes are in place, facilitating efficient communication, and hiring the right talent to fill in the gaps.
- Partnering closely with key stakeholders across Handshake, including Security, Data, and Product Development.
- Leading with empathy as you help us nurture a culture of growth, inclusion, and belonging.
- 3+ years of experience managing high-output engineers in Operations or Infrastructure Engineering.
- Prior experience in managing distributed teams.
- A background in infrastructure engineering - the ability to understand the team’s technical challenges and architecture is the key to success.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, etc.).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent people management skills, focusing on supporting empowerment.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Passion for helping teams and individuals grow and for building an inclusive culture and diverse team.
- As a nice-to-have, experience with Handshake’s technical stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!