We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
As our Senior Employer Brand Designer, you will evolve and strengthen Handshake’s brand to our B2B employer audience. You will help tell our story to the world, and will be responsible for creating meaningful experiences that our customers and partners love. You are both creative and disciplined, with interest in thinking outside of the box, creating and maintaining consistent brand style using our evolving design system, and advocating for brand throughout the organization. You are a passionate visual designer with experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders to communicate messages to a variety of audiences in a way that is effective and visually pleasing.
You’ll be part of a close-knit, high-impact marketing team that includes brand and design, demand generation, content marketing, field marketing, product marketing, and marketing operations - together building a truly game-changing SaaS platform.
- Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for the Handshake brand
- Champion the evolution of our design language system and brand ID toolkit with a focus on scalability and consistency across numerous properties like web, events, and collateral
- Collaborate with our tight-knit marketing team to produce a wide variety of assets and collateral including landing pages, eBooks and whitepapers, virtual event experiences, social media assets, performance marketing creative, emails, and more
- Work cross-functionally to define, design and deliver templates and collateral for our marketing, sales, and customer-success teams
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Help shape the strategic vision and goals for the Handshake design team
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Ensure our design language is representative of the mission to democratize opportunity and help employers build more diverse teams
- 5+ years working as a Visual/UI Designer, with 2+ in B2B SaaS design and marketing
- A solid portfolio with a diverse set of projects
- A deep understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, color, photography usage, and proportion
- Solid knowledge of the creative and web development process
- You love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- You are a problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite and Google Programs (Docs, Sheets, Slides), and Figma
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!