Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our Employer Sales Team - showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. You will be responsible building customized demos of Handshakes products and helping Handshake hit growth and attainment targets.
- Coordinate and manage responses to customer requests, including contributing to Request for Proposals (RFP) and addressing customer security inquiries, questionnaires, and/or due diligence assessments.
- Provide accurate information about Handshake's cyber security posture to customers, demonstrating how our cyber security measures align with their security expectations and applicable standards and regulations.
- Contribute to maintaining a knowledge base of Handshake security information to effectively address customer inquiries about Handshake's security posture, collaborating with subject matter experts and key partners across Handshake to ensure accuracy
- Develop external facing material in the form of white papers, due diligence documentation, and other resources that can be shared with customers
- Work with Sales and Legal to support customer direct engagements that assesses Handshake security posture beyond the level of standard due diligence or standard requirements.
- Provide security expertise to Legal teams in the contract-negotiation process to ensure that contract terms accurately reflect Handshake's cyber security capabilities.
- Drive process improvement and automation initiatives to continuously mature the service to more effectively support Sales in shortening the sales cycle, and meet customer expectations.
- Proven work experience as a Pre/Post Sales Engineer.
- Proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills
- Willingness to travel
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.