Handshake is the number one site for university students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities in the United States and United Kingdom. Handshake launched in the UK last year and is growing quickly! Our early partners in the region include Cambridge, Liverpool, York, Ulster, and many others.
Handshake is democratising opportunity and ensuring university students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they attend university, what they choose to study, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
As the first operations hire in the UK you will help create the systems and processes that enable the UK team’s success. You will work closely with the operations teams in the United States to implement best practices in the UK region.
You will be responsible for all internal operations and enablement for our Marketing, Sales & Success teams in our Education and employer business in the UK. Working on this team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with key leaders to drive efficiency, scale, and operational excellence as we continue to grow with our rapidly scaling customer base. This role requires someone who is excellent at creating structure from ambiguity and thrives in solving tough problems with creative solutions. If you are a data-driven, collaborative teammate with an operational mindset who is excited about scaling customer facing teams, we'd love to hear from you!
What to expect?
- Develop & Refine Sales, Success & Marketing Processes
- Assist in the development, improvement, and implementation of processes for a smooth end-to-end process/lifecycle
- Help develop, coordinate, and launch key initiatives in conjunction with Success, Sales, Marketing team OKRs
- Support our Marketing team in reporting, analysis, and Marketo Operations.
- Help to drive discipline and data accuracy in pipeline reporting
- Help to develop and implement effective cross-functional processes
- Reporting & Analytics
- Manage the localisation of the Handshake Looker instance to enable reporting on critical business KPIs.
- Support Sales, Success, & Marketing in analytics, reporting, and forecasting on a quarterly, monthly, and ad-hoc basis
- Collaborate on developing & launching strategic Salesforce reports & dashboards
- Create and analyze key insights from forecasts, key business drivers, trends, and operating metrics, translating data into insights and action
- Assist with day-to-day activities supported by EDU Operations
- Help manage vendors & partnerships for the UK region
- Be a thought leader and go-to expert for internal resources and tools
- Keep Operations & Enablement Department documentation up-to-date and organized internally
- Work directly with key internal leaders on critical strategic, organizational, and operational projects designed to increase productivity and operational efficiency
- 3-5 years of experience in high-growth technology companies in go-to-market functions supporting Operations, Sales, Marketing, or Customer Success
- Experience working on cross-functional projects with various stakeholders and a demonstrated expertise in managing such projects
- Administrative experience in a variety of Sales/Success Tools: Salesforce, Looker, Marketo, Gong, Troops, and or JIRA
- Strong intuition and ability around working with and drawing conclusions from data, and competency with Excel and other analytical tools (SQL experience strongly preferred)
- Strong background in Marketo, Salesforce, and BI tools
- Experience running strategy projects from inception to delivery, and balancing several priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Best-in-class communication, interpersonal skills, and organization
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Understanding of GDPR and vendor management
- Experience in Marketing Operations, Revenue Operations & Reporting
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and presenting data to executive management
- Strong experience in building analytical models
- Proficient in SQL and BI Software (ideally Looker)
- Strong experience with process development and working collaboratively
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Healthcare: World-class private medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.