Handshake is the largest early talent network in the United States and we have just launched in the UK.
Handshake is the number one site for university students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities in the United States and United Kingdom. Handshake launched in the UK last year and is growing quickly! Our early partners in the region include Cambridge, Liverpool, York, Ulster, and many others.
Handshake is democratising opportunity and ensuring university students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they attend university, what they choose to study, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalised or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a Strategic Account Executive to join our UK Employer Sales Team - showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging graduate talent. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a stable book of business: prospecting, cultivating, and closing new accounts while growing existing customer relationships and helping Handshake hit growth and attainment targets. You will maximise revenue while producing value and brand awareness for hundreds of current and prospective clients across the country.
- Drive Revenue Growth for Handshake’s FTSE100 Customers
- Generate scalable revenue and hit target quota on a quarterly and annual basis
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, VP, and C Suite levels
- Interact and collaborate across Handshake, engaging with Customer Success, Insights, and the Leadership and Executive teams to build and grow our Strategic Partnerships.
- Actively source and provide valuable market research, including industry-specific information and trends for customers and teammates.
- Build Business Value Narratives that incorporate qualitative and quantitative ROI modeling.
- Command, report and forecast sales performance - from prospecting target accounts and contacts to closing deals and growing existing relationships
- Create Proposals, Executive Briefings, and Seasonal Business reviews for HR and Business Leaders at FTSE100 companies.
- Expand pre-existing and new customer relationships by encouraging adoption and managing annual upsells
- At least 7+ years of sales experience in Enterprise SaaS sales and/or HR business development, minimum 3 years of Large Enterprise closing experience
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- Successful in closing large six figure and seven figure deals
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Ability to navigate complex contract structures
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Ability to successfully drive revenue and growth through the development of long-term strategic relationships with existing customers
- Experience preparing account plans and business value narrative,
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with a go to market team
- Proven ability to engage with executives at FTSE 100 companies
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works - and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Possess relationships with key HR decision makers at national FTSE 100 companies and other top brands.
- Stock: Sizable ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Private medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.