Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring an IT Systems Administrator reporting to the IT Manager, in the Engineering Department. In this role you will be joining the IT Team to help build and scale the IT Department to support Handshake’s rapid growth. You will be empowered to immediately make an impact. You will have a chance to grow your automation skills by helping with projects such Onboarding/Offboarding automation. In addition, you will be helping to build out our Asset Management system. You will also be helping to lead our Infrastructure upgrade projects (e.g. Network and Zoom Room Infrastructure).
- Drive long-term strategies to improve our IT infrastructure, processes, and security.
- Lead IT initiatives and projects.
- Create and update IT processes, procedures, documentation and reports.
- Improve IT efficiency by implementing process automation whenever possible.
- Automate application provisioning and deprovisioning to improve efficiency and security visibility.
- Help with network monitoring, optimization, upgrades and site build outs.
- Take an active role in building out and managing Asset Management.
- Review and optimize IT Infrastructure (Gsuite, Slack, Zoom, Jamf etc..).
- Handle day to to day IT Infrastructure duties and provide escalation support.
- Provide support for Onboarding and Offboarding, and IT requests.
- Provide audit support.
- Provide reports.
- Bachelors in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years related IT systems administration
- Experience working in an ITIL environment
- Google Workspace Administration
- Slack Administration
- Mac/Jamf administration
- Scripting and workflow automation software such as Workato, Bettercloud, etc…
- Zoom Room Administration
- Networking (VPN, Firewall, Switch and Wifi)
- Asset management
- Site build outs
- SaaS Application Integrations and Administration
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Windows and Active Directory management experience.
- Confluence and Jira
- Vendor management
- Experience with International IT Support.
- You have a love for new technology and are on top of the latest trends regarding enterprise SaaS solutions.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.