We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Marketing Analytics Manager reporting to the Head of Revenue Operations on the Employer side of the business. In this high visibility role you will support the acceleration of growth in partnership with Marketing. The right candidate will be able to influence and drive initiatives in collaboration with our Marketing, Sales and Finance teams.
This role will own the analysis of Handshake Employer Marketing efforts and their impact on generating pipeline, demand and revenue. As the subject matter expert of our marketing data, you will highlight trends and surface insights to drive decision-making and strategy with our marketing leaders. You will also be responsible for the processes and data governance required to support these insights. You will continue to innovate and identify areas to improve our tech stack and data sources.
This person is curious, highly analytical and has a passion in telling a story with strong quantitative support. She/he will be responsible for delivering marketing data and identify growth drivers to the organization through thoughtful models, dashboards, and reporting packages. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with reporting tools and be obsessively detail oriented with a record of leading end-to-end analytical projects in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Work as a collaborative teammate to support and develop marketing’s data strategy, operational processes and reporting.
- Structure complex, ambiguous marketing questions and leverage analytical skill set to drive insightful analyses.
- Improve decision making by providing proactive data-driven insights on pipeline, marketing campaigns and funnel performance. Drive alignment across various teams to take action on insights.
- Lead the development of new reporting and dashboards to analyze our Marketing effectiveness and support our full funnel programs. Manage the accuracy and efficient distribution of reports and other business insights essential to the marketing organization.
- Evaluate and improve data quality, completeness, compliance and cleanliness in Salesforce and other systems.
- Focus on continuous improvement of existing processes and collaborate with Marketing to create new processes with a focus on automation and acceleration of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical role
- Ability to understand, manipulate and translate large data sets with high degree of independence
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and execute in a timely manner
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, SQL and other Sales and Marketing operations tools and eagerness to continue developing these skills
- Strong data management, reporting, and communication skills
- Understanding of the Marketing funnel and performance metrics
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience or familiarity with implementing Marketing attribution models
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and/or other programming languages and BI tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau)
- Strong problem solving, judgment and organizational skills
- Proactive / Self-starter who is able execute with high-level guidance and minimal supervision
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and ability to ramp quickly to new projects/challenges
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!