Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Sales Operations Analyst reporting to the Head of Revenue Operations on the Employer side of the business. In this high visibility role you will support the acceleration of growth in partnership with Sales, Account Management and Customer Success. The right candidate will be able to influence and drive initiatives in collaboration with our Sales, Finance and other operations teams.
This role will own the analysis of Handshake Employer Sales and Customer Success efforts and their impact on revenue and retention. As the subject matter expert of our sales and customer success data, you will highlight trends and surface insights to drive decision-making and strategy with our sales and CS leaders. You will also be responsible for the processes and data governance required to support these insights. You will continue to innovate and identify areas to improve our tech stack and data sources.
This person is curious, highly analytical and has a passion in telling a story with strong quantitative support. She/he will be responsible for delivering sales and customer data to identify growth drivers of the organization through thoughtful models, dashboards, and reporting packages. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with reporting tools and be obsessively detail oriented with a record of leading end-to-end analytical projects in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Work as a collaborative teammate to support sales, customer growth, and retention through data strategy, operational processes and reporting.
- Partner closely with sales and customer success leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects and programs to support strategic initiatives that drive growth. Examples include improvements in forecast accuracy and reporting, pipeline hygiene, and identifying value drivers of customer growth and retention.
- Lead the development of new reporting and dashboards to analyze our sales and customer success effectiveness. Manage the accuracy and efficient distribution of reports and other business insights essential to the sales and customer success organization.
- Evaluate and improve data quality, completeness, compliance, and cleanliness in Salesforce and other systems.
- Focus on continuous improvement of existing processes and collaborate with Sales / Customer Success to create new processes with a focus on automation and acceleration of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical role or in a similar role at a fast-growing company
- Ability to understand, manipulate and translate large data sets with high degree of independence
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and execute in a timely manner
- Understanding of sales and/or customer success processes, roles and responsibilities
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and experience with Salesforce, SQL and other Sales and Customer Success operations tools and eagerness to continue developing these skills
- Strong data management, reporting, and communication skills
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and/or other programming languages and BI tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau)
- Strong problem solving, judgment and organizational skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and ability to ramp quickly to new projects/challenges
- Proactive / Self-starter who is able execute with high-level guidance and minimal supervision
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.