Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Strategy & Insights Lead for our fast-growing employer business unit. You'll be responsible for bringing Handshake’s unique data to life for the 400,000 employers on our platform. This is a pivotal time in the growth of our business, as we scale our enterprise offering and create the category of proactive, data-driven recruiting for entry level (college) talent.
You’ll be applying insights to transform leading employers’ talent strategy, working closely with executives at leading companies and partnering with our strategic account management team. Your entrepreneurial approach and curiosity will also shape Handshake’s strategy and inform both students and employers on how they can find their ideal role. Entry level recruiting has not been historically optimized with data; you could change all that!
Marketplace insights. Handshake connects millions of students & recent grads with roles at over 400,000 employers - and have rich data containing deep insights about how the marketplace is working (or not). You’ll be able to produce genuinely new, powerful analysis on this space that will change how people approach the market.
Custom insights for employers. Work with the world’s leading employers and their executives (CXO, VP, SVP) to help them understand and improve their key metrics. For example, determining an employer’s brand awareness within a specific talent pool and the conversion of those students to interns.
Employer value (ROI) analysis. Develop robust metrics and datasets for analyzing the value employers are getting from Handshake, and work with the product & engineering teams to scale these.
Instrumental in building the Insights Team from the ground up: Insights is a fast growing part of our business. You’ll get to help shape the culture of the team and partner with internal leaders to set short and long term goals!
Explore and validate opportunities to apply data across the business. Beyond what’s listed here, there are potential applications of data everywhere in the business… you’ll seek these out and propose powerful new ideas!
- 4+ years of experience in creative quantitative business strategy role
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and use data to influence business decision making
- Experience extracting, analyzing, summarizing and communicating data. Ideally you’ve worked with data warehouses, SQL and data pipelines.
- Passion for complex problems combining qual / quant and human factors
- Have worked in a fast paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
- Comfortable presenting ideas and information to senior leadership internally and externally
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with Snowflake
- CRM experience such as Salesforce
- Experience using a visualization tool such as Tableau or Looker
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!