Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Technical Program Manager to drive high-visibility security, platform, infrastructure initiatives across engineering. This individual will report to the Director of Infrastructure and work closely with the Head of InfoSec.
We’re excited for you to work on:
- Partnering closely with key stakeholders across Handshake, including Security, Data, and Product Development to execute important projects that will help us scale and operate more efficiently.
- Working closely with engineering leadership to drive the annual planning process and define OKRs.
- Defining engineering-wide program, project, and change management processes informed by industry best practices.
- Defining and tracking reports, metrics, and dashboards to accurately provide insight into engineering productivity and effectiveness.
- 5+ years of experience managing high-visibility engineering projects.
- Proven track record in leading a team to ship features and products.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and championing Agile methodologies.
- Compliance or auditing experience with knowledge of published security standards (NIST, OWASP, ISO, SOC2).
- Exceptionally organized and experienced in communicating across multiple teams and departments.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Experience working with senior leadership.
- High-level thinker, but also detail-oriented when executing on projects.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to drive metric and dashboard creation.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience with compliance/control implementations related to SOC2, PCI
- PMP and/or Agile Certification and/or Scrum Master Certification
- ITIL Foundation Certification
$148,102 - $162,750
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.