Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Special Projects Lead reporting to our Chief of Staff.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility for our CEO’s communications strategy, amplifying Handshake’s work and impact. You will also lead company-wide internal communications, developing and implementing innovative ways to engage and align our rapidly scaling team through our next phase of growth. As a key member of the CEO Team, you will also have a unique front-row seat to high-growth leadership and company building.
- Own and drive overall communications strategy and execution for our CEO
- Build, manage and execute on CEO’s internal and external content calendar, including bylines for publication, customer-facing communications, speeches and internal messaging for our team
- Drive our CEO’s efforts to build Handshake’s thought-leadership among CHROs and VPs of TA, highlighting how we help our employer partners build more diverse and inclusive workforces
- Develop, manage and implement Handshake’s company-wide internal communications strategy through multiple channels across a rapidly scaling global team
- Host, organize, and facilitate company-wide forums like our All Hands meetings and Leadership Team AMAs to bring alignment and excitement around our vision, priorities and progress
- Experiment with innovative new mediums to engage our team (e.g. introducing a company-wide podcast series)
- Work across Handshake to uncover, curate, share and promote compelling stories about the impact we’re having on our students and customers
- Rearchitect our company-wide communication processes for our next phase of scale, including revamping our internal knowledge and collaboration systems
- Lead other special projects for our CEO and Chief of Staff as needed
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator, particularly in building strategic business narratives for C-level and VP-level audiences
- Expert in developing effective internal communications strategies, ideally in a high-growth environment that necessitates creativity and flexibility
- Storytelling is your superpower - you understand how to bring impact and value to life through storytelling, with a natural ability to understand emotions and motivations to move audiences
- You excel at working through influence, winning the trust of senior executives and cross-functional counterparts, effectively moving initiatives forward with multiple-stakeholders
- Highly organized project manager - you are exceptionally organized and excel at managing multiple projects through successful completion. You prioritize work in a disciplined and rigorous manner, moving seamlessly between “big picture” strategic thinking and close attention to detail.
- You are comfortable with data, both in data analysis as well as the ability to effectively leverage data to build an argument
- Strong bias to action and ability to work both quickly and to a high quality
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience in a management consulting or businesses strategy role is a plus, given the focus in this role of crafting data-driven narratives about Handshake’s impact for C-Suite customers
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.