We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
What does a Senior Software Engineer do at Handshake?
Handshake is building a diverse team of dynamic engineers who value creating a high quality, high impact product. We are looking for Senior Engineers who are excellent generalists and have a strong focus on product development. You'll be working on small, multi-functional teams with other engineers, designers, and product managers.
Here are some projects we're excited for you to work on
We're focused on innovation within the core experience for students, employers, and universities, constantly improving our technical foundation and user experience. This role on the Employer Engineering team will include:
- Working with the Product Team and Designers to build data and analytics focused user interfaces and user experiences
- Updating student application flows and supporting applicant tracking system (ATS) integrations with partners like Greenhouse
- Creating and updating features for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small local businesses
- Developing and deploying large-scale web applications safely and reliably
What we look for
- You love to turn data into valuable visualizations and reports
- You appreciate design systems, component libraries and friendly user-experiences.
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion and are outcome oriented
- You have 5+ years experience in building consumer-facing web applications in a dynamic development environment.
- You have experience working in distributed, performant, at-scale systems.
- You are interested in the 'Full Stack' but have passion and knowledge in one or more areas of the web stack.
- You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
Technologies you'll work with
- React, TypeScript, Webpack, Redux
- Ruby on Rails
- Kubernetes, GCP, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Airflow
$154,660 - $205,000
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!