We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a seasoned Senior Product Marketing Manager for our fast-growing employer business unit. You will be a leader driving the next wave of innovation for Handshake’s unique platform, which already connects over 500,000 employers with millions of students and recent graduates across the country. This is a pivotal growth role at a key phase of our evolution, as we scale our enterprise offering and define the category of proactive, data-driven recruiting for early career (college) talent.
You’ll be building on the strong product-market fit and business momentum to establish a comprehensive program of your design, covering Enterprise market strategy and segmentation, sales enablement, messaging & positioning and more. You are a strategic thinker, always ensuring that your deliverables fit into the grand scheme of the marketing funnel and buyer’s journey.
You’ll work with Marketing, Enterprise Sales, Product Management, Insights and Demand Generation to inspire every leading employer to rethink how they approach early talent recruiting on Handshake.
- Segmentation and persona definition: identify and target Enterprise customers, their needs, and how our products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage. Partner closely with relevant teams to ensure segments are validated and applicable in practice.
- Messaging and positioning: Develop a compelling narrative and value proposition for both new and existing platform features and solutions in our Enterprise segment. Project manage the wider teams that work on all collateral (website, print, videos, etc.) to reflect Handshake's narrative.
- Align pricing with value and ensure that customers see clear ROI. Partner with internal stakeholders with finance, sales and product to iterate and optimize.
- Roadmap development and product launches: Partner closely with product management to ensure customer needs and insights are central to roadmap development. Drive the strategy with product management around product positioning for existing products and new launches.
- Be an evangelist for Handshake products and highlight its value, both internally and externally, through speaking engagements, briefings, and more
- Develop and build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive the overall business plan
You'll work with these technologies:
- Looker - analytics platform (SQL a plus)
- Marketo - marketing automation platform
- Salesforce - CRM
- AskNicely - customer feedback platform
- G Suite collaboration platform
- 4+ years of experience in B2B SaaS product marketing, ideally in the HR or Talent Acquisition space
- Delivered multiple successful product launches or go-to-market strategies, ideally partnering with sales and customer success teams to ensure adoption in an Enterprise prospect / customer base
- Played a pivotal role in the development of new product lines or features
- Experience extracting, analyzing, summarizing and communicating data. Bonus points if you’re familiar with SQL and data pipelines.
- Have worked in a fast-paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative
- Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and motivate internal teams
- Comfortable presenting ideas and information to senior leadership internally and externally
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!