Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We are looking for a Product Marketing leader within Handshake’s Employer Marketing team. This role will be responsible for leading and building our Product Marketing organization which include (but not limited to) - messaging and positioning, product launch, sales enablement, market research, and hiring and cultivating a high performing Product Marketing team. You’ll deeply understand the customer and industry, acting as an owner of the product marketing and to present plans to product, sales, as well as to marketing colleagues. This role will also be responsible for operational efficiencies across the Product Marketing team: budget management, QBRs, case queue, report outs on strategic initiatives and ongoing initiatives and programs.
You’re extremely detail-oriented and not afraid to dig into the details of campaign performance, manage budgets, and drive to lofty goals and timelines. You excel at developing cross-functional relationships virtually, specifically with sales, SDRs, corporate marketing, and product to grow account engagement, pipeline, and revenue in our high priority accounts.
- Hire and build an A+ talent Product Marketing team
- Create the market positioning, planning framework, and marketing plan to position Handshake targeting key markets and personas
- Understand the competitive landscape and develop a strategy for winning against the competition
- Develop buyer personas and customer journeys that bring customers through the optimal experience
- Lead a team at Handshake
- Engage through events, analyst meetings, and customer meetings to evangelize the Handshake platform
- Partner with executives and sales teams to build and execute plans that drive new customer growth
- Build differentiated messaging, collateral, and marketing programs that support the business to create awareness, drive demand and accelerate pipeline
- Present to executives and other stakeholders on a regular basis the performance of the Handshake marketing plan
- 10+ years Product Marketing experience in B2B SaaS
- Deep understanding of marketing and sales funnels and the tactics and channels that drive impact across the entire customer lifecycle
- Proven success at collaborating with and influencing cross-functional partners
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple people, and projects with tight deadlines
- Proficient with the following tools: Marketo, Google Suite (Gdocs, GSlides, Gsheets), Salesforce, and Asana (or similar Project Management tool)
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Familiarity with Bizible, Google Analytics, and Demandbase (or other ABM tool), Outreach or Salesloft
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.