Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
As our Senior Customer Marketing Manager, you will strengthen and build relationships with Handshake’s employer customers and the early talent recruiting community. You will create the strategy, operationalize the processes, and execute the day-to-day activities, while leading cross functional teams and projects. This will include increasing loyalty and retention by keeping customers up-to-date and engaged with Handshake news, events, and innovations through customer-centric communications, identifying and recruiting top-tier customer advocates for case studies and speaking opportunities, and fostering strategic relationships with customers for various organizational initiatives. You’re passionate about understanding customer needs, telling their stories, and building relationships that are mutually beneficial that will earn us their advocacy in return.
You’ll work across all customer-facing, product, and insights teams and be part of a close-knit, high-impact marketing team including demand generation, content marketing, field, marketing, product marketing, and marketing operations - together building a truly game-changing SaaS platform.
- Be the customer expert with a deep understanding of key stakeholders’ goals, behaviors and motivations and align those with industry, persona, and use case
- Establish the process and systems for keeping track of customer participation, references, logos, stories, and their usage so we have a clear view of what’s available and a repository of customer involvement with Handshake
- Identify and secure customers as advocates to build impactful and compelling customer stories, testimonials, video, and to participate in PR, media, and events, that showcase the business benefits and outcomes that are generated through Handshake
- Build the strategy for how we empower happy customers; work with field marketing to curate a community of fanatic brand advocates by conducting engagement events such workshops, roundtables, and awards programs
- Manage our nascent customer advisory board (CAB)
- Develop customer-centric communications strategies and craft compelling content to elevate the customer journey and engage customers in Handshake news, initiatives, and events
- Work with field marketing to understand the industry conference and meetup landscape, and position Handshake customers as thought leaders in those events
- Support senior executives, marketing, and sales with reference discovery and connections
- Build rapport with customers and effectively navigate legal and corporate communications departments to obtain content approval and secure publicity agreements
- Identify KPIs, measure and report on customer marketing activities so we can test and iterate
- 6+ years of marketing experience at a B2B SaaS company. Experience in HR Tech a plus.
- Proven track record of running marketing programs with measurable results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ideal candidate finds it easy to communicate with team members at all levels of the organization and can extract key “nuggets” from customer stories to show business impact in a compelling way
- Comfort and experience collaborating with and presenting to sales, customer success, and account management teams
- Strong project and program management skills; ability to work independently against tight deadlines in a dynamic, changing environment keeping a sharp eye on detail and accuracy
- The ultimate can-do attitude (growth mindset, willingness to learn every day, and player mindset)
- Familiarity with Account Based Marketing (ABM) is a plus
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.