Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a strategic, creative Copywriter to bring our brand to life and enable hundreds of thousands of employers to level the employment playing field for college students and recent grads. You will work across teams and channels to create marketing, product, and sales content to drive awareness, understanding, action, and marketing pipeline.
You'll be responsible for creating compelling content and driving outreach and storytelling for our prospects and customers alike. You'll be responsible for bringing the potential of our unique platform and significance of the function to life for the 500,000 employers on Handshake.
Your approach to B2B marketing will be relatable, creative, and human to best connect with our audience of talent professionals and innovative people leaders. You’ll be part of a close-knit cross-functional employer marketing team including field marketing, demand generation, marketing operations, product marketing and insights—together building a truly game-changing SaaS platform.
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice for a variety of media and across the entire buyer journey to different personas, industries, and touchpoints. Content assets will include blogs, whitepapers, case studies, email campaigns, website content, landing pages, presentations, brochures, reports, sales outreach, video scripts, and more.
- Evangelize our customers’ stories through testimonials, case studies, videos, webinars, speaking engagements and more. Work with corporate or customer marketing to identify top reference accounts and cultivate champions, test, and optimize campaigns.
- Bring complex stories to life in a clear, concise way; develop narrative concepts for sizable marketing campaigns; and produce copy that both motivates and educates. You will be responsible for evolving our brand voice and tone and flex style across channels.
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements and collaborate with creative, PR, social, and marketers on large and small-scale marketing projects, including email campaigns, landing pages, social media updates, and newsworthy stories.
- Help develop a scalable process for content creation with both internal and external subject-matter experts. Work with cross-functional marketers and practitioners including sales and product marketing to test and optimize content campaigns.
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach, be confident in articulating your writing decisions to a variety of different stakeholders, and create copy for A/B tests to understand what drives the highest impact.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve and evolve content and campaigns, edit, and proofread employer marketing material as needed, and measure and track how content sources influence overall employer marketing pipeline and sales revenue.
You’ll work with these technologies:
- Salesforce - CRM
- Wordpress - long-form content platform
- Marketo - marketing automation platform
- Asana and G Suite - collaboration platforms
- Outreach - sales enablement and email platform
- Google Analytics and Looker - analytics platforms
- Google Search Console and SEMrush - SEO platforms
- Social media tools like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- 3+ years of experience in content or product marketing, ideally in a B2B SaaS business.
- Outstanding copywriter, proofreader, and storyteller with meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of online content strategy, creation, and SEO, with a demonstrated ability to adapt your writing to different formats, including email, web, social, blog, and more.
- Proven experience as a copywriter with a track record of finding new angles on topics, bringing new life to themes that are known to be important but have become stale.
- A natural communicator with proven collaboration skills across a variety of functions.
- Passion for Handshake’s mission and opening up access to opportunity for all students.
- BS/BA in marketing, English, journalism, or related field.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.