Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
What does a Chief of Staff to the CTO at Handshake do?
Our engineering team is growing rapidly and plans to double in the next year. We strive for excellence in software development and are looking for an experienced, analytical individual to help us operate effectively at scale. In this role, you would be reporting directly to the CTO and partner closely with the engineering leadership to drive strategic initiatives across engineering and the company.
Here are some projects we're excited for you to work on
- Partner with the engineering leaders to develop strategy, set goals for the organization, track progress, allocate resources and improve overall organizational efficiency and impact.
- Lead the annual and quarterly planning process for the entire organization.
- Execute important projects for the Engineering organization that will help us scale and operate more efficiently. Examples of projects may include learning and development programs for the Engineering team, diversity and belonging initiatives, change management plans, creating Engineering-wide dashboards, and running quarterly business reviews
- Lead strategic initiatives around organizational design, talent reviews, staffing strategies, and driving innovation. Lead company-wide, cross-functional teams as necessary.
- Prepare memos, presentations, and emails for internal and external audiences. This involves setting the agenda for Engineering all-hands meetings, helping draft presentations to the executive team and board, and owning external communication. Provide ongoing visibility to the rest of the company on organization goals and progress. Ensure cross-functional alignment.
What we Look For?
- 5+ years of experience in a deeply technical / engineering heavy, operations, or technical project management role.
- Experience working with and/or leading technical strategy & direction for 100+ person engineering orgs.
- Exceptionally organized and experienced in communicating across multiple teams and departments.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Experience working with senior engineering leadership
- High-level thinker, but also detail-oriented when executing on projects.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to drive metric and dashboard creation
- Executive communication skills, with the ability to represent complex business or technical concepts with senior leadership
$143,185 - $192,863
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!