Handshake is the number one place for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,100 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, or who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
- You get to architect and build new features for a rapidly growing user base.
- You'll be working on a small, multi-functional team with other engineers, a designer, and a product manager.
- You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new paradigms and patterns as we scale our team to a large Mobile organization.
- We’ll rely on your experience in general engineering architecture discussions as well as product planning meetings.
- You’ll help maintain a high level of code craftsmanship through thoughtful code review.
- You’ll mentor junior engineers and share your experience and knowledge with senior engineers in order to level up the codebase as well as our shared knowledge.
We’ve built a fantastic (and highly rated) mobile experience for students to discover jobs, events, and information from their peers over the past few years. We’ve focused quite a bit on creating a delightful user experience, but we have so much more work to do!
In this role, you will build new experimental features, implement core architecture, and craft new ways to help students find and build meaningful careers. You will be involved from design all the way to release; working closely with product, design and engineering teams to create a fantastic experience for our users. You will have the opportunity to shape the foundation of iOS development and mobile culture at Handshake.
We’ll count on you to be a vocal leader. Junior engineers will look to you for mentorship and leadership will look for opportunities for you to take on impactful responsibility.
What we look for
- You have an eye for good design and friendly user experiences
- You appreciate design systems, component libraries and friendly user experiences
- You are self-driven and able to prioritize your time effectively
- You are a problem solver and a critical thinker who can communicate effectively
- You have professional working experience with the iOS platform
- You have on the job experience with Swift
- You have on the job experience with UI development
- You have on the job experience with data persistence, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, MVC, and MVVM+C architectures
Technologies you'll work with
- SwiftUI, UIKit, Snapkit, MVVM+C/MVC, Swift, XCTest, Fastlane, and more
- Targeting iOS 13+
$158,702 - $210,500
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.