Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to collaborate closely with our marketing and product teams and help millions of students get the most out of Handshake. You will lead go-to-market for our back-to-school seasons and new features, driving students toward the key actions of connecting with employers, applying to jobs and getting hired. You’ll be responsible for the full lifecycle strategy of our marketing efforts, from initial student research to positioning and messaging to creative development and channel plans. All to strengthen the position of Handshake as the place where student and early-career users come to find jobs, connect with employers and build their careers.
- Drive insights to identify student needs
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messages to students across marketing channels and in product
- Create and manage the go-to-market process for key product releases and top recruiting seasons (fall and spring)
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans and work with creative and channel partners to launch
- Lead competitive insights to understand and drive Handshake’s competitive position
- Partner with product teams to influence the product roadmap via user insights
- Build strong relationships with PM and other teams to drive an outstanding product experience
- 6+ years of work experience, with 3+ in direct to consumer product marketing
- Delivered multiple successful product launches to ensure adoption and engagement
- Developed strategy and managed creative briefing and execution of go-to-market launches
- Experience acting as project manager for go-to-market launches
- Developed messaging and content strategy and deployed these through multiple channels
- Experience extracting, analyzing, summarizing and communicating data
- Have worked in a fast paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative
- Skilled at presenting ideas and information to senior leadership internally and externally
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.