Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a Manager of Professional Services to lead our newly formed Program Management team. Our Customer Program Management team works with top employers across the nation to accelerate their early talent recruiting strategy and transformation. Our Program Managers serve as recruiting domain experts to help our customers plan, and execute against their success goals. This role will serve as the primary leader for this new and growing team, reporting to the Director of Account Management and will be responsible for crafting Handshakes full services offering.
At Handshake, the Manager of Professional Services will be responsible and accountable for the full life cycle of an offering, including validating the need in the marketplace; determining the business value case; and assessing the implications for enablement, marketing, sales, success and support. Today, our Customer Program Management function is responsible for partnering with our Account Managers, Customer Success Managers and Sales Teams to execute hands-on projects to help premium customers drive adoption and enhance their early talent recruiting strategies to ensure our Employer Partners meet and exceed their hiring goals. Our Customer Program Managers do everything from helping sell their services on pre sales calls to putting their hands on the keyboard of our premium partners accounts to ensure they hit their success goals.
You’ll be instrumental in building and leading a world class Customer Program Management program for the category leading platform. This high-impact role combines equal parts people management, sales, relationship management, leadership and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success managing program management/professional services individual contributors in Saas technology company.
- Drive team of Customer Program Managers to successfully achieve our clients goals, success metrics, and complete customer projects on time with high degree of polish and rigor.
- Act as the direct supervisor of a team of two Customer Program Managers, leading them to achieve personal development goals and grow within the organization
- Hire, retain and grow the team to 5 Customer Program Managers by the end of the 2021
- Design and deliver the impactful processes and methodologies to onboard, train, enable and drive adoption amongst Handshake customers, allowing them to realize the most value to their business.
- Drive team to meet & exceed quarterly NPS, adoption goals, logo retention & other success criteria (metrics specific to Handshake usage).
- Track key metrics and regularly report to sales leadership on the progress and direction of the function
- Implement and execute an annual and quarterly plan for the Customer Program Managers function
- Work cross functionally with Product, Marketing, Sales, AM and CS leadership to determine where and how PgMs should spend their time, how their services should be priced, sold and implemented
- Build and maintain a library of training materials to onboard and develop team members
- Advocate for Program Management team with cross-functional partners to help ensure the team gets the information required to successfully do their jobs
- A minimum of 5 years in a customer facing program management, project management, or professional services role, with deep expertise in leading onboarding, implementation, and solution consulting.
- A minimum of 2 years managing a team of individual contributors
- Experience using data and analytics for discovering opportunities, such as needs, trends, ideas, or design options, for new or advanced service offerings.
- You’re a strategic thinker, with big ideas about how to operationalize, scale and implement a Program Management function
- Have built a successful team from ground up and be ready to roll up your sleeves and do it again
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of business acumen and understanding of how revenue leaders work and think
- Experience driving adoption and change management with software, specifically non-discretionary software to executives at Fortune 500 companies
- Experience using usage, data and results to demonstrate value and justify expansion
- A true business athlete, with the ability to self start and adapt quickly
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.