Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We are looking for an empathetic, driven and mission-aligned technical recruiter to help us grow our engineering teams. We are seeking an individual who cares about people and enjoys identifying, connecting with and hiring candidates from diverse backgrounds.
You will lead recruiting strategies, build key stakeholder relationships, and develop strategic candidate outreach while working with a curious, kind and passionate team.
- Identify, source and engage technical talent to grow our engineering teams through creative and diverse multi-channel methods
- Ideate, implement and iterate recruiting and talent best practices across the organization
- Own hiring manager relationships and creatively iterate to improve our processes across technical recruiting
- Hire values-aligned individuals to contribute to Handshake’s mission
- Develop an extensive understanding of Handshake’s business and culture
- Design, implement and execute recruiting plans, partnering closely with hiring teams
- Regularly manage pipeline activity and provide recommendations for improving talent strategies based on data
- Work consultatively with senior stakeholders to shape and implement diversity recruitment strategy in a fast-paced, high-touch & high-tech environment
- Influence business leaders and educate hiring managers on process, interview best practices, and decision making
- Create new ways to surprise and delight candidates as they go through our interview process
- Speak passionately and authentically about Handshake, our mission, business, and culture
- 4+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience
- Successful at engaging and closing candidates at a high volume, approximately 3 hires per month
- Strong history of collaborating inclusively with hiring managers and interviewers to design processes that attract candidates from underrepresented backgrounds
- You thrive in a data-driven recruiting process
- Working knowledge of ATS systems and pipeline metrics (Greenhouse preferred
- In-house experience preferred
- Bias towards humility, curiosity, and humor
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills, strong time-management abilities
- Great judgment and a history of working with highly confidential information
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!