Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
The Field Marketing Manager on Handshake’s Employer team will help establish a world-class virtual field marketing and events program, defining and executing high-quality digital event campaigns to build the Handshake brand, bring in new leads, and influence deal cycles for our fast-growing sales team. We work with the world’s leading employers and top executives; to be successful you’ll create engaging virtual experiences that are both creative and polished.
You will play an active role in reimagining our virtual events strategy. You will be responsible for driving field and event marketing plans, logistics, project deliverables, activities and marketing communications for a diverse series of virtual events. You’ll be part of a close-knit, high-impact cross functional team including demand generation, content marketing, product marketing, and marketing operations - together building a truly game-changing SaaS platform.
- Lead and deliver end-to-end virtual (and eventually in-person) event campaigns that align with sales objectives and overall company revenue targets.
- Conduct research and maintain ongoing calendar of 3rd party industry events to determine the best fit for Handshake
- Manage event deliverables & logistics including online tech (Zoom, ON24, etc.) & AV, event calendaring, and swag
- Support developing the Handshake event brand. This includes driving our event social media strategy and ensuring events are integrated thoughtfully into marketing messaging and broader marketing campaigns
- Partner closely with Marketing Operations to develop and optimize event assets including landing pages and email templates
- Measure, analyze and report on ROI for field marketing programs, including attendee feedback, lead generation, deal acceleration
- Partner closely with key sales leaders as well as individual sales reps to effectively communicate upcoming plans and get feedback
- Work cross functionally with all 3 sides of Handshake’s marketplace as well as the extended marketing team, key Handshake executives, and external partners
- Drive multiple projects in parallel, balancing critical, strategic and creative thinking with quick tactical execution
- Get creative and innovative with virtual event engagement, positioning and promotion - always be asking “what haven’t we tried or tested?”
- Develop processes to ensure program quality and consistent experience for attendees, before, during and after events
- Once in-person events resume, if interested, you’ll have the opportunity to travel
- 4-5+ years of webinar, events or digital campaign management experience, ideally at a B2B SaaS company. Experience in HR Tech a plus.
- Experience running hosted and 3rd party virtual events & webinars
- Strong project management and organizations skills and an ability to develop and deliver events and programs within an ever evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ideal candidate finds it easy to communicate with team members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently against tight deadlines in a dynamic, changing environment keeping a sharp eye on detail and accuracy
- Experience with the following technologies
- Google Suite (docs, slides, sheets)
- SplashThat (or other software) for event registrations and landing pages
- Marketing Automation: Marketo, Eloqua, HubSpot, Pardot (or similar)
- Experience with ABM, digital marketing, Demand Gen and high touch/concierge executive programs is a plus
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.