Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We are looking for a highly organized, driven and mission-aligned Recruiting Coordinator to help us grow our team. We are seeking an individual who cares about putting people first to guide applicants through an exceptional candidate experience. This individual will work with our Talent function and hiring managers across the company to coordinate and schedule candidate interviews. Our Recruiting Coordinator will support an exceptional candidate experience by coordinating candidate itineraries, greeting and hosting candidates while they are interviewing with Handshake. This individual will have a proven ability to take initiative, adapt quickly and calmly to changing priorities, work with a high sense of urgency and build strong, productive relationships. This person should have a passion for the recruiting industry and desire to learn.
If you enjoy collaborating across teams, engaging with values-aligned talent and helping individuals find meaningful work through an exceptional candidate experience, this is the role for you.
- Coordinate interviews for candidates with speed and efficiency while delivering a world-class candidate experience
- Maintain our applicant tracking system ensuring information is accurate
- Communicate professionally, tactfully, and kindly while maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Be the friendly face of Handshake for candidates
- Collaborate on administrative projects as required to support the People & Talent team.
- Administrative, project management or recruiting coordination experience
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills, strong time-management abilities
- Excellent attention to detail, including accuracy in spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Bias towards action, humility and curiosity
- Great judgment and a history of working with highly confidential information
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience with Greenhouse!
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.