Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a strategic Sr. Email Operations Manager to drive outstanding engagement among our students and early career talent who use Handshake. You will leverage data, user insights, and an experimentation mindset to move our users from signup, through successful onboarding, to finding and applying for jobs. Iterable will be your main tool, and you will run our full range of marketing and product-triggered email programs.
As our Sr. Email Operations Manager, you will manage a growth engine that will help an ever-growing number of students find and apply for jobs on Handshake. You’ll rapidly test content to increase the number of students creating a great profile, searching for jobs, and applying for jobs on Handshake. You’ll deeply understand the life stages and seasonality of student cohorts and identify when they need more information to take the next step. You’ll use email and even explore channels such as push notifications to ensure students will get more value from Handshake, apply for more jobs, and get hired more often.
- Drive strategic email initiatives focused on activating, onboarding, engaging, and driving job applications among our users
- Deeply understand student segments and user journeys to drive messaging and tests
- Own lifecycle email operations to drive significant engagement throughout the student funnel
- Own the execution for all email initiatives (includes campaign set-up, audience creation, coding, QA and deployment)
- Own reporting for all email initiatives (includes creating dashboards, running analyses, creating reports, and sharing recommendations for iterating on initiatives)
- Identify successful campaigns and those that need further optimization through cohorted reporting and program analysis
- Manage vendors, including email agency and Iterable
- Design and conduct ongoing A/B tests to improve overall email performance
- Collaborate and project manage across teams including Marketing, Design, Product, Engineering, and Data Science to deliver compelling email programs
- 6+ years of experience with 2+ years driving email operations
- 1+ year experience driving email programs through Iterable
- Highly technical and data driven marketer. SQL experience required.
- Deep, proven experience developing lifecycle marketing / CRM programs
- Strong experimentation toolkit, with experience developing and executing A/B tests
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Strong project and team management skills, driving from insight to ideation to execution
- Consumer content experience, ideally with engaging college students or Gen Z
- Prior experience at a consumer technology, e-commerce or edtech company preferred
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!