We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
What does a Strategic Customer Success Manager do at Handshake?
As a Strategic Customer Success Manager, you'll partner with our strategic employer partners (Fortune 50 + 100 accounts) to ensure they achieve their hiring goals, drive adoption across recruiting teams and make sure they are creative and strategic with early talent hiring.
You will create repeatable and reusable tactics for driving engagement across our employer partners' teams, which could include everything from site content, to webinars, to email nurture, to product hooks. You'll channel the voice of customer both quantitative and qualitative to rally the necessary people and highlight success.
You'll report to the Director of Customer Success, working closely with sales, marketing, product management, and data analytics to make improvements constantly within and across accounts. Through these cross-functional efforts, you’ll achieve world-class customer satisfaction, generate case studies, and drive our business through premium renewals and expansions.
Here are some projects we’re excited for you to work on at Handshake
- Own the core relationship with Handshake’s most strategic customers (Fortune 50, 100, 500).
- Evolve the customer journey for our strategic segment.
- Help scale internal process to support hundreds of premium employers.
- Synthesize voice of customer from qualitative and quantitative feedback, share with leadership and cross-functional partners.
What qualities are we looking for?
- 6+ years of experience in Consulting, Account Management or Customer Success managing complex Enterprise/Strategic accounts.
- Experience with SaaS.
- Able to drive customer on-boarding, implementation and consultation with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Able to translate business goals into outcomes and build a process that aligns with customer needs.
- Ability to identify and drive commercial opportunities, sales background a plus.
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects with great attention to detail.
- Does not get frustrated easily by lack of internal processes.
- Adds value to the CSM team through their energy and enthusiasm.
- Has a high level of comfort facilitating meetings and delivering product trainings with external customers.
- Has a high degree of collaborative spirit.
- Has a high degree of technical aptitude.
- Provides process improvement solutions to create team efficiencies.
- Stock: Sizable ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Family Focus: Parental leave (12 weeks primary caregiver / 4 weeks secondary caregiver), and flexibility for families.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!