Handshake launched in the UK in 2019 and already partnered with many of the country’s top universities. We are looking for a marketer to join our UK team. You'll tell Handshake's story, share our insights with the market, and help support all three sides of network (students, employers, and universities) with content that will ease the drastic and abrupt transition to virtual recruitment brought on by COVID-19.
Your impact will be real and immediate as you work with our team to take the UK marketing function from zero to one quickly.
Our mission is to democratise opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they study, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 universities. We connect early talent with the 500,000+ employers recruiting on Handshake.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Head of University Marketing for our UK operations. You’ll work closely with the UK team to build Handshake’s university marketing efforts in the United Kingdom.
You will coordinate with Handshake’s marketing team in San Francisco while creating and coordinating bespoke content and events across the United Kingdom with a focus on positioning Handshake as a thought leader in the university space.
Who you are
You love building things. You are energized about the prospect of creating the marketing function for the UK, which operates like a a start-up within a start-up in many ways. You are excited about the opportunity to inform Handshake UK’s marketing strategy and then roll up your sleeves and execute on it. You love to get stuff done and enjoy working on a lean, high performing team. You may have experience leading a team of marketers, but are eager to get back into building.
Handshake is a complex three sided marketplace. We use a lot of tools across the business. You are comfortable learning new technologies and are comfortable self-teaching new systems.
- Position Handshake as a thought leader in the university and early careers space by creating content (blogs, white-papers, etc).
- Plan and execute multi-channel campaigns to engage prospects and customers: including emails, in-product placements, events, social and other channels that align and achieve the business goals and objectives.
- Establish KPIs, attribution and ROI models and dashboards for marketing, and rigorously analyze results to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of all programs
- Manage Handshake’s UK social media channels and coordinate with the US marketing team to ensure brand alignment.
- Lead and deliver Handshake events including executive events and briefings, trade shows, owned conferences/events, and meetups/happy hours to drive deal flow and category leadership objectives.
- Reimagine how to bring people together with unique virtual events.
- Measure, analyze and report on return on investment for all UK marketing efforts.
- Drive multiple projects in parallel, balancing critical, strategic thinking with quick tactical execution.
- Create and execute a webinar strategy that engages prospective university and employer partners.
- Be an evangelist for Handshake products and highlight its value both internally and externally through speaking engagements, briefings, and more
- Develop and build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive the overall business plan
You’ll work with these technologies:
- Looker - analytics platform (SQL a plus)
- Marketo - marketing automation platform
- Salesforce - CRM
- MixMax - sales enablement and email platform
- G Suite collaboration platform
- Webflow CMS
- 4+ years of experience in SaaS marketing within the United Kingdom, with a preference for experience in the talent acquisition or education sectors.
- Experience building thought leadership at a category creating company
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ideal candidate finds it easy to communicate with team members at all levels of the organization
- You also have the ability to work independently against tight deadlines in a dynamic, changing environment keeping a sharp eye on detail and accuracy
- Data driven and results oriented - you are comfortable working with data and focus on measuring impact with every campaign.
- Experience and comfort with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Intermediate to advanced user of Marketo marketing automation platform
- Comfort working in a fast paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative.
- Stock: Sizable ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Private medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.